Re: Debian/Linux on Atari TT

Eero Tamminen dixit:

>> That’ll still need a cross toolchain (which is usually not uploaded
>> to Debian itself)
>
>Now that Debian supports multilib, I think it would make a lot of
>sense to have cross-compilers in Debian proper for all the slower
>ports...

It’s Multi-Arch not multilib (which I’d rather see a quick death
of) but think of combinatory explosion (22 architectures makes a
number of 462 cross toolchains to build).

There were talks of adding a set, for example from amd64 to each
architecture.

And then, there’s the political issue with Debian-Ports…

Let’s rather stick to achievable goals first and worry about
inclusion later. (Actually, we might be able to get inclusion
by using the same uuencode trick atari-bootstrap uses, provided
all sources are in unstable proper – which they now are.)

But that’s for us Debian Developers to worry ☺ I have invested
some amount of research effort to get this far already.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
Yay for having to rewrite other people's Bash scripts because bash
suddenly stopped supporting the bash extensions they make use of