Re: Atari TT

Michael Schmitz dixit:

>> I’m using Geert’s m68k-queue branch plus Alan’s patch.
>> Is that not correct?
>
>I don't know - I've never checked out that branch. Time to check what's
>actually in there.

Just in case: my top is 86c0899bb70ee8fa168a7a0711506d616161786e plus
Alan’s patch (m68k-queue is regularily rebased against torvalds).

>Looking at the git web interface for m68k-queue, the current state still is
>to use the old atari_ethernec (hacked copy of ancient ne.c driver). So the
>error you will be getting is precisely what I've been seeing while using that
>version - kernel locks up on the first timer-faked interrupt in.

Oh the joy. But good to know it’s a *known* problem.

>The new driver may or may not fare better in that regard; I'll test that
>ASAP. If it does the same thing, fixing this will be _much_ harder because I
>cannot touch any code in ne.c.

Mh. Is your “new driver” somewhere in Geert’s branches?

>The whole point may be sort of moot anyway - has anyone managed to boot a TT
>sucessfully all the way, with console screen output,  to the point where it
>fails to mount a root filesystem with your nonet kernel? That may require

Erm… gemini8 booted it, and he says he gets a readonly filesystem,
but we weren’t finished debugging that, as he’s got no experience
using GNU/Linux. The kernel may actually have *succeeded* booting.

>use of the -s bootstrap flag, as I've said before. If that works out, we'll

The -s flag is required for video output, at the very least, yes.

>also have console output at the time the network driver is loaded. That
>would allow some kind of debugging (at one or two removed). Without any kind

Eh, I still have CONFIG_MODULES=n ;-) but copying a .ko onto the
filesystem using MiNT is probably possible. It’s just the several
hundred kilometres between the box and me…

bye,
//mirabilos
--
22:59⎜<Vutral> glaub ich termkit is kompliziert | glabe nicht das man
damit schneller arbeitet | reizüberflutung │ wie windows │ alles evil