Re: Updating w.d.o/{intro/organization#distribution,ports/}

schmitz dixit:

> So it looks like we're looking for fresh volunteers - any more takers? Would
> you be willing to give new hands a few hints to get started, Thorsten?

Some hints, sure. But right now we need old hands that manage
to set up a real buildd. I’ve been ill for a week now, and my
hacking time in general is seriously cut short, so things may
no longer work (packages like texlive, git, etc. become unin-
stallable quickly due to arch:all versioned deps on arch:any)
but there’s always an installable state in my repo.

So, everyone who ever ran a buildd (atari, amiga, mac68k, and
zlin*/aranym), please please please get them booted, running,
up to date and building packages. Then I might divert time in
things like keeping our patches in src:gcc-4.6 again.

Also, would the real m68k porters please stand up (Wouter did
ask for something to do other than DPL recently…)?

As for the usefulness of real hardware, I disagree. Right now
it’s crucial to get things working on that. I think I’ve seen
quite a number of emulation bugs recently.

Finally, there’s an ongoing fight of using debbugs for packa-
ges in unreleased, such as the m68k bootloaders. Right now it
doesn’t look well. We might need to use something like Launch-
pad for them, which sucks (especially for version tracking as
older versions of these packages were in unstable – and newer
will hopefully be, when m68k joins proper Debian again), plus
it would mean a split and users would be confused, which bugs
to report where. (On the other hand, I could probably get the
Launchpad side set up. Got connections.)

bye,
//mirabilos
--
08:05⎜<XTaran:#grml> mika: Does grml have an tool to read Apple
     ⎜    System Log (asl) files? :)