Re: [patch 3/2] m68k: Atari EtherNAT - add writew_be for data push

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 11:45:13PM +0200, Michael Schmitz wrote:

>> Getting your head around the build system is at least as much fun.
>
> It still is? I must admit, this is what made me flee any d-i work in the
> first place (having built Mac installers on a Quadra ten years ago).

The kernel build system is one kind of opaque. The d-i system is a
completely different kind of opaque. Neither is terribly
straightforward.

> Having a clear mapping from Geert's patches to Debian patches would be
> helpful (mostly, they should be 1:1 but there will be corner cases).

So far the patches are identical, although I've added a few from later
kernels (not in Geert's quilt series for that version).

> Downloading everything from Geert is what I'd like to streamline - I'll
> have to juggle a pristine Linus tree with Geert's queue, a development
> tree for my kernel hacks (all of them git), one or two known good 2.6
> snapshots (also git) plus a Debian unstable and experimental one. It's
> getting a bit much ...

Yikes.

> I was planning to play with testing-m68k on that box as well. Not gonna fit.

I've been thinking about that myself.

Peace,

Stephen

<stephen@marenka.net>