Re: [patch 1/2] m68k: Atari EtherNAT (SMC91C111) driver (updated)

On Fri, 5 Sep 2008, Michael Schmitz wrote:

> > > Odd - that should have been added by my previous io.h patch (the one that
> > > was
> > > too chatty in the comments, around July 20).
> >
> > Ah, apparently I didn't apply the last hunk. Will fix.
> >
> > (That's what happens when manually applying whitespace-challenged
> > patches :-)
>
> I know - that's why I sent these one as attachments :-)

I fixed it up.

However, I think there are still problems with a multi-platform kernel,
where both CONFIG_ISA (for any non-Atari ISA type) and
CONFIG_ATARI_ROM_ISA are enabled.

Can't you treat CONFIG_ATARI_ROM_ISA the same as the other ISA types
(and make it select CONFIG_ISA), so you don't need

    #if defined(CONFIG_ISA) || defined(CONFIG_ATARI_ROM_ISA)

?

Of course it's still a bit tricky for other users of inb() and friends.
BTW, in the comments in <asm/io.h>, you mention ISA and IDE, but I don't
think IDE still uses inb()? What am I missing?

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

							    -- Linus Torvalds