Re: Lenny release plans

By the unstable snapshot, I meant a snapshot of unstable from the day
lenny was frozen. As of now, I have the packages list setup imported,
but I'm having trouble with the dak import script. I'm mulling over
using mini-dak for the time being instead of its big brother (I'll
replace it with dak if/when we decide to run a normal testing).
Roughly 600-700ish packages need to be built since we don't have
matching lenny revisions, and we need to go through and determine what
packages we need to upgrade ourselves (known: gcc and friends, since
lenny has 4.3-2, and we're at 4.3-8 which has quite a few good fixes).

For versioning, we should probably mark any m68k specific changes like
the way Ubuntu does it. Roughly speaking, if we're taking gcc-4.3-8
and replacing it with whats in lenny, make it gcc_4.3-8m68k1 or
something like that. This also

I do know about d-ports (they'll be hosting our w-b database if
aurel32 made the changes to allow that), but they run mini-dak, which
will making having both an unstable and a stable hosted with them
somewhat difficult. If we ever want to have a "normal" testing
archive, we also need to switch to dak since it generates a LOT of
metadata britney needs to run (that, or someone needs to rip the
urgency and bugscanner code out of it, and extend mini-dak).

We have some packaging tasks we need to do, anyone want to voluteer on
any of these?

1. glibc 2.5 needs to be repackaged as a separate package so we can
properly make fixes to it

2. The previously methoned changes to d-i.

3. gcc and friends need to be imported; we need to figure out some
sorta policy on how to handle these.

4. sbuild and buildd need to be extended to upload source packages so
I don't need to manually import every source package. (Ideally, we'll
have a crontab that runs quinn-diff against our lenny-m68k Packages
file, and the Sources file from Debian lenny, all the buildds will
have two deb-src lines, our mirrors, and the debian mirrors, and
simply upload the source package as they build things).

sbuild already has an -s switch to include source, but it generates a
Debian native package. To fix this, someone needs to simply make sure
the original tarball gets copied to /build/buildd next to the source
directly. Its a simple change, but I suck with perl, so I'm not the
man for this task.

5. Someone needs to make sure debootstrap works right once the
glibc2.5 package is in place, and marked Essential: Yes.

That's all I got for now, any suggestions, thoughts, and/or ideas?.
Michael