RE: kernel

Hi Guys!

I think it's gotten a bit too hot here... ;)

I think Roman is trying to defend the purity of Linux and its capabilities.
Whereas Petr knows from experience that the average Joe Linux user simple
doesn't have a kernel that would support Atari partition tables and
therefore
they request easier way of creating partition images that they can loop
mount into host Linux and move files to and later mount as VM disks through
ARAnyM configuration.

I must say that I have frankly never gotten to use the partition support
for various reasons (mainly because I didn't work with disk images in
FreeMiNT
world as of the time I have introduced a direct host filesystem booting
feature) and I don't even know whether there are other users using
it either....

To sum it up I think that for Debian core/power users it should be quite
acceptable to create a real Atari disk image (containing Atari partition
table
block at the beginning) and deal with all its complexities. This could be
the default audience of ARAnyM anyway... is there any other audience that
plays with m68k Linux anywhere?

Just my 2 cents.

Standa