Re: kernel

Roman Zippel wrote:

Roman, what if the nfblock had major_num 8 by default?

That value is reserved, so I'm very reluctant to use it as default

I see. Well as long as ARAnyM doesn't emulate SCSI drives it is IMHO safe to use that.

you can change it via boot command line.

would be worth trying - what if it fixes the udev problems?

In either case this won't change anything about the problem

Sorry but I don't understand what the problem is. If it appeared as /dev/sdX devices then the kernel would scan them, found the partitions and then automount would mount them (I know nobody sane uses automount :-)

Petr