Re: kernel

Hi,

On Tue, 1 Jul 2008, Petr Stehlik wrote:

> The installer sees the existing partitions and can use them, correct? You
> don't have to repartition an existing disk partitions in order to be able to
> install Linux. Or am I wrong?

It's possible, but where is the value in that? Why do you want to limit
the option of the _all_ users??? Why do you want to _force_ onto _all_
users such inconsistencies??? For me it simply makes no sense that I can
only partition some of devices. All of them will appear as /dev/nfhd*, but
it's just silly that I don't have the same flexibility as with any other
device.
Again, this stupid partition block adds absolutely zero value under Linux!!!
You still haven't shown any value this might add, instead you're only
suggesting silly workarounds when users _will_ hit problems with hit.

bye, Roman