Re: Centris 650: buildd candidate?

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 05:55:25PM +1000, Finn Thain wrote:

> I think the Centris 650 is a bit slower than the Quadra 650 due to system
> bus speed? The LC040 chip in the Centris may present a problem too. It
> should be possible to get parts though. There was a computer recycler who

Some Centris 650's had an LC040 chip, others had a full 68040. If yours
doesn't have a full 68040, it won't run debian (swapping the cpu isn't a
big deal as I recall, though).

We actually still have a quadra 650 in the buildd rotation (if q650 is
back up anyway).

So if you have a full 68040 and you're willing to help maintain a slow
buildd, I'd expect we'd use it.

Thanks,

Stephen

<stephen@marenka.net>