Re: Centris 650: buildd candidate?

Finn Thain wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Apr 2008, Brad Boyer wrote:

> I think the Centris 650 is a bit slower than the Quadra 650 due to system
> bus speed? The LC040 chip in the Centris may present a problem too. It
> should be possible to get parts though. There was a computer recycler who
> posted to this list recently...

The Quadra 650 is 33MHz and the Centris is 25.  My Centris apparently
has a full 68040, if the System Profiler in MacOS can be believed.  I
haven't actually pulled the heat sink off to see what's stamped on the
chip though.  In any case, I have quite a few Macs now, and could borrow
an '040 from a Q700 if needed.

JCE