Re: FOSDEM thoughts

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008, Ingo Juergensmann wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 01:06:47PM +0100, Kolbjørn Barmen wrote:
>
> > > I think that also some skype meetings from time to time (or at least IRC
> > > ones) minght be of help.
> > I've always missed having a linux-m68k hangout on IRC. Since I'm mainly
> > doing gentoo, I ended up on #gentoo-embedded (freenode). They didnt crack
> > jokes about my hardware and were kind enough to add m68k arch entries in
> > portage - just for me :)
>
> There was somewhen someone that used one of my m68ks for a gentoo port
> or such...

Could it have been Zach Lowry?

I was briefly in contact with him, before he decided to move onto some
spin-off distro (cant remember the name) that eventually died off.

I started my gentoo-m68k with the old redhat-5.2 from Jes, starting with
manually upgrading python and getting portage working, and slowly building
my way out. It took almost a year before all the rpms were replaced with
portage packages on my old slow 50MHz 030 32MB RAM :)

Today I also have help from a second A1200 with Blizz1260 and 192MB RAM,
as well as aranym, I mostly use aranym for building and then install
binary packages on my amigas and a mac (Q610).

> > There is a #debian-68k on freenode, but I never saw anyone there but
> > the ChanServ bot.
>
> Maybe that's because we're mostly on irc.debian.org aka OFTC... ;)

Ah..... ok, #debian-68k added to my OFTC profile :)

-- kolla