Re: New to list

On Sat, 9 Feb 2008, Brad Boyer wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 09, 2008 at 06:37:24PM +1100, Finn Thain wrote:
> > I don't get a crash on the Q950, but I'll do some more testing before
> > I send a patch. For one thing, the write code (systohc) is commented
> > out even though that works on CUDA too.
>
> I believe the write to RTC code was commented out because it didn't work
> on the old VIA style access. The ADB access is pretty easy by
> comparison. If the CUDA works, you can probably uncomment it for all the
> adb_request style access. I have a IIsi someplace that I could test if
> you don't have anything with that style of ADB.

I have a IIsi and I spent some long hours trying to fix the egret driver
about a year ago. In the end it did my head in. BSD and 2.2 kernels
apparently work, though ISTR 2.2 is unreliable. With the benefit of all of
that source code and a lot of experimentation involving systematically
reading and writing registers and sniffing ADB traffic I still coudn't
figure it out. One day, if I get my hands on a logic analyzer, I might
revisit the egret chip, and overcome my aversion to that particular
undocumented bundle of joy.

-f