Re: Washi

Stephen R Marenka wrote:
On Mon, Nov 26, 2007 at 07:11:23AM +0100, Petr Stehlik wrote:
Stephen R Marenka píše v Ne 25. 11. 2007 v 16:12 -0600:

I love aranym. About the only thing I'd like to see would be a way to
suspend or save the current state so I could restart aranym right where
I was.
well, APM for Atari, right? I have been thinking about it but it's not
an easy task.

Just dreaming, perhaps. :)

 A natfeat serial port would also be pretty sweet.
We never had the need for serial port actually but it can be done, of
course.

If I can figure out how to access the parallel port from userspace inside aranym running linux, that would probably work. I'm using File=stderr.

Here's where actual linux experience on atari would help. With debug=par on the kernel command line it's clear that linux can write to the port fine. However, there doesn't seem to be a device. If I modprobe parport_atari
I see some some initialization gibberish on aranym's stderr and linux tells
me that "parport0: Atari build-in port using irq," but doesn't seem to give me a device or anything I can use. Creating the device manually doesn't
seem to work either.

All I really want is a way to dump stuff from linux userspace to a file
outside aranym.

Any chance I could get a version where PAUSE is configurable in the
config? I always seem to be running aranym on a computer with no PAUSE
key. :)

Thanks,

Stephen

Stephen,

Is this really for Aranym or MiNT debugging? If you simply wanted to communicate with the outside you could use networking or hostfs. If you want to do serial kernel debugging I suppose that's an entirely different story.

Thanks,
Mark