Re: Washi

Stephen R Marenka wrote:
On Fri, Nov 23, 2007 at 11:56:06PM -0500, Mark Duckworth wrote:
Hello all,

Washi will be killed on Sunday (2 days from now). It will not be made available again for the immediate future and even shortly after as I want to run MiNT on it again so I can help with the native OS atari community again. I will let you know if I decide to run debian on it again for a buildd.

Well thank you very much for the time we've had with washi. It looks
like mesa is about finished, so I'll stop the buildd after that.

Out of curiosity, how strapped are you guys for buildd's? Can you handle the loss or does this really screw you? I may be able to setup 4 dual xeon aranym buildd's. I just need the real falcon for myself.

I'd say we're hurting pretty badly overall. hobbes and garkin, our other two falcons, are both still down. a4000t seems to be gone for good. q650
doesn't seem to be buildding any more. Attrition is getting to us.
Further, we could probably use a box running experimental and security
was willing to support us for etch if we could run against a different
w-b. (I'm starting to think patching buildd to handle different wb
hosts would be the way to go there.)
Stephen,

Not the news I wanted to hear. Could a coldfire box be of any assistance? I have a motorola coldfire EVB with the 266MHz cpu. I'd need to get some sort of USB 2.0 card for it and USB disk storage but that sort of thing isn't nearly as big of an issue with linux as it is for MiNT. I'll work on getting linux running on aranym unless someone already has a good image for use with buildd? (that would be SO nice). Disk space is not an issue with the linux boxes and I could run 2 aranym instances per box. I don't know how everyone felt about having a buildd hosted virtually rather than on real hardware. Is that an issue?

Thanks
Mark