Re: mac installation

On Sun, 18 Feb 2007, ljmoore@wightman.ca wrote:

> Thanks very much for pointing to that file. The ADBmouse (and starting
> X11,) and appletalk didn't work out-of-the-box but everything else is
> ok.

I can't say I've tested X11, but I've certainly tested gpm. There's some
info here on setting up the mouse:

http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.m68k/apds01.html#device-mouse

What kind of mac are you using?

Was the mouse probed at boot up and registered correctly? (Try dmesg, and
if it says the mouse was registered, try gpm -m /dev/input/mice -t exps2,
and if that works, have a close look at your XF86Config.)

No idea what is up with appletalk, I've never tried it. Could it be that
userspace is too old?

-f