Re: mac installation

On Thu, Feb 15, 2007 at 09:53:49PM +1100, Finn Thain wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Feb 2007, Stephen R Marenka wrote:
>
> > Part of the problem is that penguin is contrib and thus isn't part of
> > the rc d-i builds. It is part of the daily builds and provides a floppy-
> > sized hfs image as well as binhex versions of Penguin.
> >
> > <http://people.debian.org/~smarenka/d-i/images-m68k/daily/tools/mac/>
>
> Works a treat!

Sweet!

> Your disk image solved my problem -- I didn't have the
> "ramdisk_size=15000" parameter. The other problem I have is simply that my
> Sarge initrd.gz expects a kernel with devfs.

I would expect that with a kernel greater than 2.2. I don't think the sarge
stuff wasn't ever tested with 2.6 on the mac. The etch stuff should work.

> The hfs image contains Penguin Colors, Penguin Prefs and Penguin-19. A
> seperate .hqx file for Penguin Prefs would be helpful -- the other hqx
> files are there already.
>
> hmount penguin.hfs
> hcopy -b :Penguin\ Prefs Penguin\ Prefs.hqx
> humount

Easy enough to do. I'll need to update penguin, but hey that would be
like its first request ever as a debian package.

Thanks,

Stephen

<stephen@marenka.net>