Re: First package build with aranym+distcc+crossgcc

On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 11:37:40PM +0100, Christian T. Steigies wrote:

> I will test build a few more packages on aahz.

amarok (1.4.3-1) just finished building on aahz using distcc with a cross
compiler running on my P4@2000 notebook with 1GB RAM. It finished in 9:20h
with this setup. A previos build (version 1.4.1-2) on aahz took something
like 13h, on crest it was 15:20h (version 1.4.1-3). Usually newer versions
of packages take longer to compile, not less, so the looks like a 25-35%
speedup to me. With a three year old notebook as crosscompiling machine.