Re: EtherNAT Driver

> I've got debian sarge installed on my falcon now finally.  Took some
> work and for some reason it'll only start in 320x200 true color mode.

What kernel does sarge come with? I've found 'atafb=sthigh' a good start
for the Falcon; high color modes just bog the system bus down.

> Anyway, I have the MiNT source to the EtherNAt and it looks simple
> enough but I'm having trouble adapting it to linux.  I've not done such
> low level coding before.  Is anyone well versed enough to give it a

I was planning on working on this once I got the hardware. I'll probably
write the EtherNEC driver first; Petr sent me some hardware to use.

> shot?  I can test.  Which kernel ver would be best to develop for for
> one, 2.2, 2.4 or 2.6.  On the MiNT side it seems to use memory addresses
> liberally.  Do these same addresses apply under Linux?

The physical hardware addresses are the same in Linux. You should
ioremap() them to kernel virtual addresses, though.

If you have trouble with starting 2.4 try stram_swap=0, if that still
fails I'll send you a kernel binary that works quite well on my CT60.