Re: m68k not a release arch for etch; status in testing, future plans?

> >> This was fixed in 2.6.17.
>
> > First I've ever heard about it. The kernel cross-builds just fine.
> > kernel-package might hiccup, though.
>
>         Do you have examples of such hiccups?

No. Please note the 'might' above :-).

I do not use kernel-package. No offense meant, but I never got my head
around it, so to speak. When I need to update a kernel on one of my
buildds, I cross build the image and modules, and scp or sneaker-net them
over.

All I was saying is my cross-gcc and -binutils never failed me so far.
Building kernel packages is Christian's part, I just provide patches.

Speaking of which - I hope to have 2.6.18 for Atari in pretty good shape
now. I still need to test concurrent IDE and SCSI disk access, but we
finally have a working framebuffer console again.