Re: Fwd: Debian architectures, according to popularity-contest

On Mon, Jul 31, 2006 at 02:20:29PM -0500, Stephen R Marenka wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 31, 2006 at 09:06:18PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > On Mon, Jul 31, 2006 at 07:42:31AM -0500, Stephen R Marenka wrote:
> > > Everytime I finally figure out a gcc bug enough to make a decent report,
> > > another seems to pop up. gcc is what's killing us. gij isn't helping
> > > much either.
> >
> > Yeah, I know. You've been putting massive amounts of work, but it seems
> > endless. I wish I had more time to help, but I don't.
>
> Me neither. :)
>
> Sadly, I haven't been spending much time on d-i. d-i beta 3 is about out
> and last time I tried it, partman was segfaulting. I think you saw that too.

I did (though I was thinking of it being an OOM issue rather than
segfaulting -- now that you mention it, it could've been the latter). I
was able to work around that issue by using partitioner, but then ska
fell on its back -- this was not long before I switched it off recently.

> I don't know if it's that pesky gcc -O2 problem or something else entirely.
>
> Further, after beta 3 comes out we'll be dropping all 2.2 and 2.4 kernels,
> which should make testing interesting. Maybe it'll be a good excuse for
> me to get network-console working, since my mac doesn't do 2.6 with a
> keyboard yet. It's either that or get atari ported to 2.6 so I can use
> aranym.
>
> At least there's no reason to be bored and I've certainly learned stuff
> I would've never suspected.

There, I can relate. I've learned interesting things about toolchains
and stuff that I never thought I'd need.

--
Fun will now commence