Re: Fwd: Debian architectures, according to popularity-contest

On Mon, Jul 31, 2006 at 09:35:10AM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:

> > There was just a mail from Petter Reinholdtsen on debian-devel about the
> > popularity of archs:
> [...]
> > If you want to support the m68k port, one of the easiest things you can do,
> > is to run "apt-get install popularity-contest" right now! :-)
> Actually, if you _really_ want to help, the best way _right now_ would

eastiest != best ;)

> be to help out in fixing m68k-specific bugs. See
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianM68kPorting for an overvoew of the most
> important ones.

Hmmm, all xargs related problems seem to be fixed in the meanwhile. All
packages mentioned in that section are installed, exept for mozilla which is
in state building on kiivi. I made a note in the wiki and the xargs section
could be removed as soon as mozilla is installed as well, I think.
Maybe some bugs needs to get closed, too.

Some packages under Bugs are already installed, too, and maybe should be
removed from the "pkgs" list, whereas gconftool-2 still hangs.

> We're *still* unreleasable after months and months of trying to avoid
> it, and I'm afraid we've currently reached a state where it's unlikely
> to make it for etch unless some miracle happens *soon*.

http://ftp-master.debian.org/~jeroen/d-i.out shows some needed udebs, mainly
from klibc, that aren't uptodate. I don't know if those udebs from
wireless-tools are of any use for m68k at all during installation time,
especially because some subarchs will be dropped for etch m68k.

Back to (paid) work... ;)

--
Ciao...                //        Fon: 0381-2744150
      Ingo           \X/         SIP: 2744150@sipgate.de

gpg pubkey: http://www.juergensmann.de/ij/public_key.asc