Re: Kernel 2.6.12-1-amiga...

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005, Emiliano wrote:
> Alle 11:14, mercoled�9 ottobre 2005, Geert Uytterhoeven ha scritto:
> > Do you (or your init scripts) load your own keymap after boot up?
> > Is the keyboard OK if you boot in emergency mode (add `-b' to the Amiboot
> > command line)?
>
> Just tried it and with -b switch keyboard works (I have to interrupt startup
> though). If I complete the startup process it won't work.

OK, so it loads the `wrong' keymap after boot up.

The input subsystem was changed between 2.4 and 2.6. The old Amiga keymaps are
no longer compatible.

> I tried to give a look at /etc/rc.S/S05keyboard but I don't think the problem
> is there...

I don't have that file on my Debian systems...

> I should maybe try to reinstall the whole system with kernel 2.6. But I think

There's never a reason to reinstall Debian ;-)

The `correct' fix is to disable installing the new keymap, but I don't know
where that's configured.
The quick fix is to find the loadkeys command in /etc/init.d and disable it.

> it wouldn't find modules that way, right?

Just install modutils, and 2.6 should be fine.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

							    -- Linus Torvalds