Re: help with NIC needed

Thanks a lot, Kars, for your emails.

mine works fine under the native system, but is not detected during linux bootstrap (or I still hope I need some module).

Are you saying that there is a driver for it under AmigaOS? Hmmmm! In
that case I can get it to work under Linux as well I suppose.

Yes, it works with 3c589.lha on aminet.

- The cards' 8-bit statistics registers appear to be unreadable using
the A1200's PCMCIA slot.

OK, with some hackery I suppose existing driver could be used then.

you are talking about linux or amiga?

I'll give it another go :)

let me know if I can help.

Yes, I picked up several cards for 5 Euro a piece on the second hand
market.

problem is it is hard to find exact tech info... but 2nd hand market is an excelent hint, thanks a lot.

On this URL: http://www.g-mb.de/pcmcia_e.html you can find a list of
supported cards.

ha! I was there already before ;)

thanks & regards