Re: [linux-mac68k] Re: Tried Ricardo Mottola's (sp?) 2.6.10

On Mon, 2005-02-07 at 10:44 +0100, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
> Hey,
>

> > > I would have expected both ethernet drivers to get loaded at the same
> > > time. The macsonic driver (onboard) first, then mac8390 (nubus). Are
> > > you sure both are compiled in?
> >
> > It probably isn't compiled in. I'm not sure as I didn't build the
> > kernel, Ricardo Mottola did. I still haven't found the time to build a
> > cross-compiler setup on my i386 box, and haven't enough disk-space on
> > the mac I think (disk is only 500 Mb).
>

> drivers for both are compiled in. I slapped in all mac drievrs except
> the "generic media device support".
> Fact is that Sonic is almost the only working thing on my quadra 840!
> :-)

No the Sonic driver is not working on your Quadra 840.  As the 840 is an
AV Mac it uses the Mace driver for the onboard Ethernet not the Sonic
driver.  I'm sure if you check dmesg output you will see the Mace driver
initializing not the Sonic driver.

> if there any reasonable news in the kernel from the 68k side (serial?
> adb? news for q950 or IIfx?) I could attempt to compile a new kernel.

I've been spending my time trying to port the NuBus PPC code to 2.6.
When I have this completed it should result in working Ethernet drivers.
And then perhaps I'll have some time to attempt to fix any other m68k
Mac issues.