Re: Tried Ricardo Mottola's (sp?) 2.6.10

On Sat, Feb 05, 2005 at 12:36:52PM +0100, Erik C.J. Laan wrote:
> A while ago Rocard Mottola (sp?) said he had compiled 2.6.10  with some
> fixes from Brad and/or Finn (don't remember). He also asked anyone
> interested in trying this kernel to mail him. I did, but only today
> found time to test this kernel. It works better that any 2.6.7 or 2.6.8
> kernel I tried before, as it gets past the initializing of the onboard
> Sonic. It hangs at or after "adb: starting probe task" message. Right
> now I've started it a seocnd time to verify. As is hasn't yet gone into
> multi-user mode I can not try to login with ssh. Also I notice it detect
> the second NIC in the Nubus slot but has not (yet) connected it to an
> "ethx"-device. Should that happen before or after starting the adb probe
> task?

I would have expected both ethernet drivers to get loaded at the same
time. The macsonic driver (onboard) first, then mac8390 (nubus). Are
you sure both are compiled in?

> If I press a key now nothing happens. The first time around I got a
> continues stream of messages. The log is here:

There are known issues with MacII style ADB. I tried to fix them at
one point, since I also have a Q650, but without serial support I
wasn't able to get anywhere on it. I haven't had much time to work
on the serial driver in a couple months either.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com