Re: kernel-image-2.6.7

On Sun, 2004-08-22 at 18:07, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 22, 2004 at 05:29:29PM +0200, Kars de Jong wrote:
> > On Sun, 2004-08-22 at 15:34, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> > > images ready for testing will be available here, amiga is done already:
> > > http://people.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/kernel-image/
> >
> > I'm affraid that's not an improvement for me: black screen, and still no
> > IDE disks. So it's actually worse than before.
> >
> > Looks like the black screen is caused by this:
> >
> > # CONFIG_FRAMEBUFFER_CONSOLE is not set
> >
> > Ah, and no IDE disks is probably caused by this:
> >
> > # CONFIG_IDE_GENERIC is not set
>
> Fixed that, new image, old place.

OK, works a lot better. All non-module stuff works fine now. I can't
test the modules yet because I have Woody installed which doesn't seem
to have module-init-tools...

But my SCSI disks work, my IDE disk works and I could even mount my AFFS
partition to discover I couldn't load any modules with modutils ;-)

Still some framebuffer problems: when I switched from the boot-up mode
(vga70?) to super72-lace, all was fine. When I switched back and forth
between vga70 and super72-lace my screen got corrupt and the system
actually seems to hang...

But that's with a really old fbset, no idea if it matters.

Kind regards,

Kars.