- To: "Christian T. Steigies" <email@example.com>
- Cc: Debian m68k <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: kernel-image-2.6.7
- From: Geert Uytterhoeven <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 11:47:42 +0200 (CEST)
- Message-id: <Pine.LNX.4.58.0408221145090.25793@anakin>
- In-reply-to: <Pine.LNX.4.58.0408221129590.25793@anakin>
- References: <20040809073126.GA4669@skeeve> <Pine.LNX.4.58.0408221129590.25793@anakin>
On Sun, 22 Aug 2004, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Aug 2004, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> > I just uploaded some 2.6.7 kernel-images to
> > http://people.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/kernel-image/
> And I tried it on my Amiga 4000/040 (12 MB Fast RAM, Ariadne Ethernet).
> Then I tried to boot from hard disk (IDE), but it failed because it
> didn't detect my hard disks.
> Perhaps the IDE doubler support is the problem? I'll enable it in my
> 188.8.131.52 kernel and 'll see what happens...
Nope, my 184.108.40.206 works fine with CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEDOUBLER=y.
The behavior of the kernel is a bit like if CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEDISK is not
set, but according to your .config it is.
IIRC, gcc 3.x used to ICE on ide-disk.c. Perhaps you disabled it
Geert Uytterhoeven -- There's lots of Linux beyond ia32 -- firstname.lastname@example.org
In personal conversations with technical people, I call myself a hacker. But
when I'm talking to journalists I just say "programmer" or something like that.
-- Linus Torvalds