Re: m68k und ipv6?

On Sat, Aug 14, 2004 at 06:05:20PM +0200, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 14, 2004 at 12:38:12PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > > Can I have one too?
> >
> > Sure. Just find yourself an IPv6 address broker (freenet6.org or
> > something similar is one, but it's based in Canada; alternatively,
> > contact <fabbione@debian.org> who does IPv6 brokering for DDs), set up
> > radvd on a server, and load the modules. That's all there is to it,
> > really.
>
> Let me get this straight. I currently have a dynamic IP from my DSL
> provider, the IP changes once a day. With IPv6, can I get a static IPv6?

Yes.

> Can I point my domains to this static IPv6, can I use this for a
> mail/webserver?  I read through some of the webpages, but it is not
> clear to me, that I would receive a static IP.

You don't necessarily get that, but it's possible.

> One page says my IPv4 will be embedded in the IPv6 to track abuse...

That's only if you use a 2002 address. If you don't, i.e., if you use a
broker, it's not the case; in that case, you set up a tunnel, and all
IPv6 traffic will go through that tunnel (which is probably set up using
some kind of password authentication, obviously).

Let's bring this to the right list, though. Cc and Mail-Followup-To set.

--
         EARTH
     smog  |   bricks