Re: Debian Sarge Installation Manual

V Čt, 29. 07. 2004 v 21:56, Geert Uytterhoeven píše:
> So you should dd the ramdisk image to a spare partition, and use that partition
> as the root file system.

Last four hours I tried to do just that with help of FreeMiNT since no
linux is running on my machine ATM. Since I couldn't find a 'dd' that
would do what I needed I decided to initialize a spare partition as
minixfs and unpack the ramdisk there (yes I tried ext2fs first but it
didn't work at all for some reason).

Now when I try to boot Woody's 2.2.25 self compiled kernel (the Sarge's
still does not want to start booting) I end up with:

Partition check:
request_module[block-major-3]: Root fs not mounted
VFS: Cannot open root device 03:05
Kernel panic: Unable to mount root fs

Not sure if this due to the minix instead of ext2fs or if the ramdisk
simply must be in /dev/ram since the stock kernel has no useful drivers
compiled in.

Petr