Re: Debian Sarge Installation Manual

On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 05:39:19PM +0200, Petr Stehlik wrote:

> Any chance the 781842 is in fact a gzipped size? So that the unpacked
> kernel (that will be stored in RAM) is say 1.5 MB large?

duh! 1656864.

> > Anyone?
>
> Most 68030+ Atari computers have either 4MB ST-RAM or more. So I'd say
> the key information is whether Sarge can be installed in 4 MB ST-RAM or
> not. That will be interesting for most readers.
>
> I, for example, have just 4 MB of ST-RAM (with no possibility to expand)
> so I could try the Sarge installation (last time I looked there were no
> boot disks, though).

This applies to anyone who'd like to help make sure that the debian
installer actually works on m68k.

d-i's home page is at <http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/>.

m68k daily builds are at
<http://people.debian.org/~smarenka/d-i/images-m68k/daily/>.

All testing and comments appreciated. Please fill out an installation
report, <http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/report-template>,
if you would.

Thanks,

Stephen