Re: [cts@debian.org: Re: Installing build-dependencies for plplot]

On Tue, 2003-06-17 at 11:24, Christian T. Steigies wrote:

> BTW, if there are some daring users left, I uploaded new kernel-images
> (2.4.20) and patch yesterday. If somebody could explain me why my amiga does
> not boot with that at all and doesn't show anything in dmesg, I'd be happy
> to hear about it. Maybe with a patch... maybe more important, is anybody
> actually using those kernel-images? I know the old amiga image works, but I
> have no idea about all the other subarches...
>
> Christian

I'm pretty sure 2.4.20 isn't going to work on a Mac.  m68k Mac seems to
be stalled at the 2.2 level.  I had 2.4.1 working (poorly) on a IIfx,
but have never made much progress beyond that.  I believe a few 68k
PowerBook users have had minor success with early versions of 2.4.  I'm
working with the NuBus PPC 2.4.21 code in an effort to see if I can get
a Performa 636 to boot.  The Performa 636 and the Performa 6200 are
almost identical hardware with the exception of the processor.  Once I
have the 636 it may be easier to fix the other broken bits that keep
m68k Macs from running a 2.4.x kernel.

Ray