serial printing working on m68k yet?

I've got a little Performa 400 that I'm dying to put Debian on [ I'd install it to my toothbrush if I could]. I'm thinking that this little wafer of a box would make a fantastic print server.

I have been searching high and low and have found many references to printers not cooperating with Linux running on m68k kit. Most of these postings are quite old, so I'm hopeful...

Has any progress been made to getting serial printers working with m68k boxes?

I've got an Epson serial printer that I want to get working with a Performa 400.

Thanks

Branden