Re: LC 475 partition table

Hi, Brad Boyer wrote:

> The only ways I've ever heard of to fix
> it are to stick it in a non-Mac machine and wipe the whole drive
> to start over,

Actually, wiping the first 512-byte block should be enough.

Apple's HD setup does leave interesting stuff on-disk. I once had a disk
which came prewritten with 0x4A (capital I); it was amazing how many of
those I found in Apple's data structures when I did file-system debugging.  :-/

--
Matthias Urlichs   |   {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de   |  smurf@smurf.noris.de
It's hard to be religious when certain people are never