Re: LC 475 partition table

On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 12:52:18AM -0400, Bryan Kattwinkel wrote:
> Sometimes hard drives from PowerMacs have Apple disk drivers that are
> PowerMac only and are difficult to downgrade into 68k compatibility.

This is a tough problem. If you have a Mac formatted drive attached
to a machine booting the MacOS, it MUST have usable drivers on it,
or the machine will crash. The only ways I've ever heard of to fix
it are to stick it in a non-Mac machine and wipe the whole drive
to start over, or to plug in the drive after the boot is partially
finished. I really don't suggest trying to hot-plug a hard drive,
but it has been known to work sometimes...

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com