Re: New to m68k: installation questions!

> If it's an internal CD, you *may* be able to open up the case, replace
                              ^^^^^
why may?

> the LCIII SCSI cable with a longer one with 3 connectors, do the
      ^^^^^ well mine is a IIci but i don't think it changes a lot

> install, and replace the old cable as you close the case
> afterwards. Your LCIII just doesn't have any room to permanently mount
> an internal CD.

i can live with the open case :)

> The easiest thing is to find a CD in an external SCSI case, then get

easiest to use something i already have, no? :P

> You have an additional video card in an LCIII? I suppose it's
> possible, but I'd far prefer an ethernet card in that slot. Odds are,

my IIci has 3 slots, so...

> the worst that would happen is that the replacement video card won't
> be seen at all, the best that would happen is that your card will be

well with 16milions colors against 256 i hope very much that it will use
the good video card...

> treated like the onboard video. But since it's all framebuffer-based,
> don't go expecting to play tuxracer or anything.

well it's 24mhz... sure tuxracer won't run... anyway what's the problem
with framebuffer?

"Americans need the telephone, but we don't. We've got plenty of
mailmen." - Sir William Preece, head engeneer of the British Mail, 1876
--
Real Name: Lorenzo Petrone