Re: PROBLEM: No stable m68k machine anymore

On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 08:01:47AM -0600, Mike Renfro wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 11:51:31AM +0100, Martin Schulze wrote:
>
> > If you want us to maintain m68k versions of Security Advisories, please
> > provide us with a stable m68k machine which runs stable, which is properly
> > and permanently connected, will be rebooted if required, is trusted,
> > where the Security Team / Debian Admin will have root-access.  (And maybe
> > something else I forgot about).
>
> I have a Q800 on my DMZ at home. It doesn't have enough local disk
> space for a full buildd, but probably has enough for security
> advisories (and I could probably dig up another few GB if needed). I
> have no problem giving admin/security root access to the machine, but
> I'm unsure if my home cable connection plus the masq box in front of
> everything is defined as a permanent and proper connection. I have
> tested a port-forwarded ssh to the machine, and it worked fine.
>
> If not, I *may* be able to take it to work, where it would have a full
> source mirror nearby (and a multi-T1 connection to the outside
> world). I'd have to make sure that someone outside having root on the
> machine doesn't unsettle any of the other folks at work, though.

Note :

I have an unused Amiga 1200 with a 68030 40MHz cpu lying around, which i would
gladly donate if it is needed. It hasn't got a harddisk tough, and i would
prefer that it would be sent to someone not so far away from strasbourg,
france, as i cannot afford much in posting fee right now. I don't have anykind
of fast access for it though, so i cannot run it myself.

(I also have another A1200, with powerup board and a 68040 cpu, but this one i
want to keep).

Friendly,

Sven Luther