Re: PROBLEM: No stable m68k machine anymore

On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 11:51:31AM +0100, Martin Schulze wrote:

> If you want us to maintain m68k versions of Security Advisories, please
> provide us with a stable m68k machine which runs stable, which is properly
> and permanently connected, will be rebooted if required, is trusted,
> where the Security Team / Debian Admin will have root-access.  (And maybe
> something else I forgot about).

I have a Q800 on my DMZ at home. It doesn't have enough local disk
space for a full buildd, but probably has enough for security
advisories (and I could probably dig up another few GB if needed). I
have no problem giving admin/security root access to the machine, but
I'm unsure if my home cable connection plus the masq box in front of
everything is defined as a permanent and proper connection. I have
tested a port-forwarded ssh to the machine, and it worked fine.

If not, I *may* be able to take it to work, where it would have a full
source mirror nearby (and a multi-T1 connection to the outside
world). I'd have to make sure that someone outside having root on the
machine doesn't unsettle any of the other folks at work, though.

--
Mike Renfro  / R&D Engineer, Center for Manufacturing Research,
931 372-3601 / Tennessee Technological University -- renfro@tntech.edu