Re: PROBLEM: No stable m68k machine anymore

On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 03:37:58PM -0500, Noah Meyerhans wrote:
> Does anybody know of specific Macs that I should go for if I have a
> choice?  It's quite possible that there will be a decent selection to
> pick from, and I don't know anything about Linux on m68k Macs.  Is there
> anything in particular that I should avoid?

I'd go for a Quadra 840AV or a Quadra 950.  Those were the fastest m68k
Macs ever made.  There are some models with definite problems, though,
so I'd consult this list before picking up just anything.

Also, a lot of the earlier Macs aren't supported at all because they
didn't have processors with memory management units.  I think this
includes all of the compact Macs (the "fishtank" ones), except for the
SE/30 (I know the SE/30 works, but there may be others that do).

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    It's like I have a shotgun in my
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    mouth, I've got my finger on the