Re: boot-floppies for testing

On Mon, Jul 02, 2001 at 02:26:04AM -0400, Ray Knight wrote:

> If it's not to much trouble, I think you should update the boot floppies
> to use Penguin 19.  Penguin 19 can replace both Penguin 17 and 18 as it
> works on all of the supported Macs.  This would eliminate confusion
> about which version of Penguin to use with which model of Macintosh.
Can somebody with a real Mac please try the Penguin hqx files I made:
 http://people.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/misc/

Whats the advantage of hqx over sit? Other than being forced to install new
software when you want to unpack the sit. Is it ok to include the hqx files
in the macinstall tarball or would you prefer to have the (pristine) sit
file in there? Are any users excluded by one or the other?

Christian