Re: boot-floppies for testing

On 01 Jul 2001 21:23:57 -0400, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> Hi,
> boot-floppies 2.3.6 for m68k have been installed in woody recently. It would
> be nice if some people could use them for testinstalls a little and report
> success to the debian-boot mailing list. (Don't report failures there, we
> need success reports, otherwise m68k might not be included in the woody
> release. You can report failure here. And yes, I know that the fdisk.txt
> files are not correct).
>
> Christian
>

> --

Christian,

If it's not to much trouble, I think you should update the boot floppies
to use Penguin 19.  Penguin 19 can replace both Penguin 17 and 18 as it
works on all of the supported Macs.  This would eliminate confusion
about which version of Penguin to use with which model of Macintosh.

I just tried this on an LC475 (LC040 replaced with full 040) 36MB Ram
and an a Sonic LC Ethernet card.  I used network install option and its
downloading Packages.gz now.  I'll post to debian-boot if it is
successful and here if it is not.

Ray Knight
audilvr@speakeasy.org