Re: new mac test kernel for bootfloppies

----- Original Message -----
From: Alfred de Wijn <A.G.deWijn@phys.uu.nl>
To: <debian-68k@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2000 10:53 AM
Subject: new mac test kernel for bootfloppies

> hi folks.
>
> There's a new kernel for everybody to test over at
> http://www.phys.uu.nl/~dwijn/mac68k.html. I would ask you all kindly to
> test this kernel, since it has a fix for the problems with 5380-SCSI
> based mac models. On my IIci, there's no oopses, buserrors or anything,
> even under heavy disk load.

Tried the new kernel (vmlinuz.latest.gz ) here are the error messages from
Penguin

RBV boot: 320 KB RAM allocated to video.

RBV boot, logical 0x00000000 at 0x04000000

Logical To Physical Mapping table (V2)
Logical -> physical : length
0x00000000 -> 0x04000000 : 0x00FF8000
0x00FF8000 -> 0x00050000 : 0x000B0000
0x010A8000 -> 0x04FF8000 : 0x00008000
Error:
Wrong magic number 4010 in kernel header

My knowledge is limited so I am not able to hazard a guess as to what they
mean