Re: 68040 buserror patch

On Sun, 15 Oct 2000, Michel Lanners wrote:

> > Yes, I did put out a few 2.2.16 kernels before the bus error patch.
> > They're in the usual place: ftp://macduff.dhs.org/pub/cvs. I also put up a
> > new kernel just now which I compiled without the bus error patch. Give
> > that a try and see if it works.
>
> That one does work OK so far (3 hours of uptime, system completely idle
> except a few daemons).
>
> I'll test more tomorrow. Where can I get the .config your latest 2.2.16
> was compiled with? I'll try and recreate that here with my tools...

Okay, I put the config at ftp://macduff.dhs.org/pub/misc/config-2.2.16.

Seems like the thread patch might be the problem. That leaves me with a
choice: pull it from CVS, or leave it until it gets fixed. Since 2.2.16
hasn't proved to be very stable anyway, I'm tempted to leave it until we
can debug it properly.

-Andrew