Re: kernel-image 2.2.16 (atari)

Frank Copeland wrote:

> On 13 Oct 2000 11:51:41 +1100, Alan <alanrb@bigfoot.com> wrote:
>
> >Frank Copeland wrote:
>
> >> I downloaded the patch and built a custom kernel for my A2000
> >> (cross-compiled on an i386 woody box).
> >
> >I have tried to use cross-compiling, but have never been able to get a
> >kernel that would boot. Would you provide some details on versions of
> >gcc, binutils, etc. that you used? Did you build the cross tools
> >yourself, or download them from somewhere?
>
> I used the m68k cross-compiler tools in woody (which seem to be the
> same as the ones in potato):
>
>   binutils-m68k-linux 2.9.1.0.12-1
>   gcc-m68k-linux      2.8.1-1

Thanks. I used these on the Mac68k CVS linux-2_2 kernel source. The
build on my PC went fine and it booted OK. I had it running for about
4-6 hours doing some downloads and compilations, then the machine just
locked up hard. Sorry, but I did not get any sort of details as to what
may have happened.

Alan