Re: 2.2.17 i386 boot-floppies uploading

On 6 Oct 2000 01:03:28 +1100, Christian T. Steigies <cts@debian.org> wrote:

>On Thu, Oct 05, 2000 at 01:47:35PM +0000, Frank Copeland wrote:

>> It turned out to be the 'video=' argument passed to the kernel by
>> amiboot. The format changed between 2.0.x and 2.2.x, and the argument
>> now appears to be mandatory for 2.2.x, which it wasn't for 2.0.x.

>It is set in the StartInstall_clgen script, and I am pretty sure it is set
>correctly. Maybe clgen.txt is out of date, but nobody is working on the

In this case it doesn't have anything to do with clgen. The box is an
ECS A2000 with no graphics card, and the driver involved is amifb.
StartInstall_* doesn't come into the picture either, as I upgraded a
slink system to potato using apt-get. Unless I missed some message
during the upgrade (quite possible), there was no warning that the new
kernel required a change to the amiboot commandline. This is clearly a
documentation issue, but I'm not entirely sure what documentation needs