Re: 2.2.17 i386 boot-floppies uploading

On 6 Oct 2000 01:03:28 +1100, Christian T. Steigies <cts@debian.org> wrote:

>On Thu, Oct 05, 2000 at 01:47:35PM +0000, Frank Copeland wrote:

>> It turned out to be the 'video=' argument passed to the kernel by
>> amiboot. The format changed between 2.0.x and 2.2.x, and the argument
>> now appears to be mandatory for 2.2.x, which it wasn't for 2.0.x.

>It is set in the StartInstall_clgen script, and I am pretty sure it is set
>correctly. Maybe clgen.txt is out of date, but nobody is working on the
>driver.

In this case it doesn't have anything to do with clgen. The box is an
ECS A2000 with no graphics card, and the driver involved is amifb.
StartInstall_* doesn't come into the picture either, as I upgraded a
slink system to potato using apt-get. Unless I missed some message
during the upgrade (quite possible), there was no warning that the new
kernel required a change to the amiboot commandline. This is clearly a
documentation issue, but I'm not entirely sure what documentation needs
fixing.

Frank