Re: Kernel / atari-fdisk problem with IDE-HD > 8,4 GB

On Mon, May 15, 2000 at 10:35:16PM -0400, Ray Knight wrote:

> How soon do you need an updated doc for the mac?  I don't have time to
Best last week, before I built bf 2.2.13... not sure when 2.2.14 will out,
but I think you have still a few days. And then, I can allways make a second
upload. But the first test cycle CDs are probably built with 2.2.13, with
the old docs.
> do it this week, but could probably knock it out on this coming Saturday
> if no one else steps forward.  I have successfully installed with the
For mac, there was somebody who started something allready, sorry, I forgot
the name. He put the docs up on a webpage, it looked quite nice allready, but
maybe it was a little too long. There is a lot of documentation allready in
debian, written in sgml. This might need some adding of m68k specific parts
(in sgml). What I am talking about are the quick install docs, which are in
the [amiga|atari|mac|vme] subdirectories. Look at what we have for slink
(thats still in the current bf) and update it for potato. It should not be
much to do and it should be pretty similar for all subarches. It should only
differ in subarch specific things, like how to format/partition a harddisk
from your native OS.
It need not be long, maybe just a short step-by step explanation. If its
too long, the people on debian-boot will shout again, so just make it a
quick-quick install.

> potato boot floppies on a Mac IIci w/DayStar '040 in PDS, Mac IIvx and a
> Quadra 950.  I could probably start the install on a IIx and another
> IIci w/ a cache card.  I could easily document what my experience with
> these boxes has been and I guess the install should be similar on
> everything else that can boot with the 2.2.10 kernel included with the
> boot floppies.
Yes, thats good. Please get together with the other mac user, he started
allready, not sure how far he is now. forgot the name and web address, if
you need it, I might search my archive, but it must be on the web archive as
well.
Actually, I was more hoping for one of the many amiga/atari users, there
nothing has been done yet.

> If no one else steps forward, where do I send the document for
> submission to CVS.  I am not normally a debian user, but that's all
> their is at present for the Mac.
Ask on debian-boot. Somebody (sorry for my bad memory), maybe Adam, wanted
to give accounts for the CVS. But if its too complicated, send it to me in
PM, or if its too long, Ill give you an ftp address for upload. I can commit
it then.

So, please, PLEASE some amiga+atari users step forward. Its not hard, just
writing a few lines in english. I can not do everything, quite busy with a
few other things. Also, I do not really read/need a quickinstall, so I would
not really notice if something is missing/wrong. Or are you all at the beach
allready?

Christian