Re: dpkg error w/ mac68k boot-floppies 2.2.12

> I have tried several installs using the potato boot-floppies version
> 2.2.12 for the m68k macintosh.  The same error has occurred on 3
> different systems and I have tried the install several times.  When I
> select the simple installation where I pick major functional packages
> from the list after selecting quit from the list the system will display
> the following message:
>
> dpkg:  unexpected data after package and selection at line 1

I've seen that one as well. I did not proceed to run dselect at that stage
(I hate dselect) but rather fiddled with apt-get options, I think apt-get
dselect-upgrade was the one. Running just the install stage within dselect
probably does right that.

To check what packages have been selected, use dpkg --get-selections.