Re: Y2K.

> > And why on earth would you need to become root for this? The remote
> > machines in question are online all day (unless they are rebooted for
> > some reason) with permanent net connectivity. Login via secure shell.
> > ('net' := IP wide area network, so yes, they do have an IP address,
> > mostly co-hosted in some existing domain).
>
> ok, I understood! This stuff is very new for me. Of course one doesn´t
> have to be root for login in a machine.

No, that precisely is what the other accounts are for.

> I was just wondering how it would work if I would set up one of my Amigas
> for you so you could do the work that has to be done for the m68k-group.

Not useful - (almost) permanent net connection with sufficient bandwidth
is a requirement for interactive access. The build daemon system could
possibly work with only short periods of net connectivity but it doesn't
support multiple daemons and scheduling yet IIRC.

Thanks for your interest anyway,