Re: Floppy

> On the mac linux website, it is said that SWIM (I think that's what I have)
> floppies aren't supported. Is this information outdated or is it true. I

It is still true. Unless Apple comes forth with specs on the SWIM
interface in m68k Macs, or someone digs into the NetBSD source (last I
heard was they had an initial driver for SWIM, a few months back) and
writes a Linux driber based on inspiration from these clues, it's not
going to happen.

BTW: there's a total of four m68k Mac kernel hackers, all of them working
on the project in their spare time, and none of them has much time to
spare. The m68k Mac project is fully self hosted and stable enough for
anyone to participate in the remaining things to do, for close to two
years now on most machines. The project is in need of new volunteers if it
is to add new drivers and not only keep up to date with upstream kernel
changes.

CC: to linux-mac68k where this question is more appropriate (and where
someone might have something to add to my rant; I'm mac68k hacker no
longer, just the answer guy).