Re: Debian install instructions

Gene Heskett sends Greetings to Christian T.;

[...]
>like, just good old fvwm, nobody is interested in that anymore...

AfterStep looked pretty good for a while, being easier to config than
others I thought, gmome so far isn't all that stable on my clone box,
gnorpm still cores at the drop of a character (typo) someplace for
instance.

Using KDE there.  Kinstall is supposed to be able to handle much of
that with multiformat inputs, but midnight commander is the 'swiss army
knife' of rpm's there.  Can that be compiled on 68k?

> But thats
>what the new "task" packages are for, right? So when everybody upgrades to
>potato, install task-professional-c-developer and go ;-)

Is potato about ready, and if so, is there an ISO someplace?  I've got a
burner now.

Cheers, Gene
--
  Gene Heskett, CET, UHK       |Amiga A2k Zeus040 50 megs fast/2 megs chip
    Ch. Eng. @ WDTV-5          |A2091,GuruRom,1g Seagate,CDROM,Multiface III
                               |Buddha + 4 gig WDC drive, 525 meg tape
                               |Stylus Pro, EnPrint, Picasso-II, 17" vga
         RC5-Moo! 690kkeys/sec isn't much, but it all helps
email gene underscore heskett at iolinc dot net
This messages reply content, but not any previously quoted material, is
© 1999 by Gene Heskett, all rights reserved unless prior agreements have
been reached, and any agreed monetary arrangements for such copying have
been paid in full before doing any such copying.  Keep the usenet free!
Since C|Net is both charging a fee for 'their' help service, and
attempting to apply their copyright to a message thats only relayed from
the usenet, C|Net threfore is expressly forbidden to relay this message in
any form.